Friday, February 8, 2008

Still in the Air

I am on the first leg of my flight to Bangladesh and I am already THIS close to insanity. Expecting movies on the backs of seats (and that I would not be as hungover as I have ever been. ever...) my flight to Tokyo has proven full of nasty surprises. Too bad I didn't charge my ipod or restrain myself from bonging any of the beers at **Rob's goodbye blowout**. Things could be really different right now.

Funny/ Embarassing story:
I attempted to prep myself for not liking the food in Bangladesh (see: three hungry weeks in thailand) by packing a huge HUGE bottle of pasta sauce and two boxes of cappellini. As it turned out, my suitcase weighed 58lbs when Mike dropped me off. The lady outside in the FREEZING cold looked at me like an idiot as I fingered through my belongings, weighing which could go and which could stay. I sighed, reached deep into the bottom, and handed Mike a family size jar of Prego that ended up bringing my suitcase to quota. After I was checked in, we said our goodbyes while he held this mammoth jar in one hand and the boxes of pasta in the other. Not to mention he was wearing a shirt with an advertisement for a show on the CW..."The Reaper". Anyways, it was some pretty funny final American imagery before my departure

Story#2:
Waiting for my plane to come, I became friends with the State kids going to THailand and Bangladesh. Looking to have a well-documented trip, I asked the flight attendant to take our picture at take-off.... not realizing she was leading the safety part and that I interrupted the entire plane. HA! She took it though. And had trouble the whole time figuring out how to use the camera. Pretty sure that was awkward for my new friends. Little do they know what they have signed up for as my coworker.

No comments: